Eames: revolutionary couple

 When I heard and saw the descriptions of the Eames’ workspace, it was like seeing my room. I knew this in the sense that it looked messy and that it’s absolutely littered with materials and tools for projects. I never realized that an office doesn’t have to be contorted and constrained into the basic structure we see in modern day, table, cubicle, chair and lights. It’s no that I had never thought about it, or that I thought it was something “illegal” but it had never crossed my mind. I liked seeing how even their office portrayed their way of thinking outside the box, both function because they can move stuff around how they please and beauty, because there were bits and bobs or artistry spread around.


 

Another metaphor for what is design that I saw and could think about in the documentary is well the couple itself. Ray Eames, being a painter having a more abstract and artistic way of looking at the world in combination with Charles, an already successful architect with incredible ideas. I can see this being a match made in heaven by their work on the Eames chair, which was technically the first project of theirs to throw a curveball into the furniture design field. Though one thing I hated was that because of the era that it was, any credit for it was purely for Charles, none for his wife or for his co-workers who equally had a part in making the name brand what it is today. 


To resume my points, I love being able to see in different outlets how the very definition of the word architecture, can be exemplified and portrayed in most to all ways of media. From speechless  film to a documentary about a couple that can be defined as soulmates. This definition being that this field is beauty and function. Artistry and functionality. Creativity and logic


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Baraka

Comparing buildings with Enviromental Awareness

Function Vs Beauty